Saturday, June 14, 2014

Essay 1-03a: My Language Learning Story and Plans

I had not learned English until I became junior high school student. The language that I know was only Japanese then. It was my English skill that I speak easy greeting and write the alphabet. I could become to read short writing when I enter into junior high school. I remembered basic words and grammar then. But I could not speak English at all. The class that speaks English was not. I could become to read a little longer writing when I enter in high school. I remembered many English words, but I could not speak English. I had not chance to speak English. I took classes that it uses English in university. My opportunity that writes English and speak increased from former. I learn English conversation besides university. So I get used to speaking English. It is class that I take a communication with an American teacher and some Japanese people in 1 hour and 30 minutes in English. I learned French in the class for a year as well. I remembered the words and understand grammar a little. It was difficult for me. I increased use English these days moreover. I have to write blogs and do English central. I read English books for the blog, and write reviews. It is 15 books. I write topic of life for it. I have to write 8000 words for it by July. I have to get 40000 points for English central. If I do not finish them, I cannot take a unit.
I am going to study abroad in Canada after a year. The period is for five months. I must speak English everyday. It is a good chance to improve English skills. I would like to make foreign friends. And I have to study English than now. I will do listening and remember many words.  
[306 words]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sakiko,

    Your account of language learning experience and plans starts when you were a junior high school student. I suggest that you extend it to include language learning in your elementary and pre-school years.

    Cheers, PB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also should include the labels that I've spelled out for this assignment in the Writing Studio Calendar.

    ReplyDelete